App Store and iTunes gift card

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by dr4cula, Jul 16, 2008.

1. dr4cula

dr4cula New Member

Hello,

I would like to purchase a few applications from App Store, but since there's no iTunes Music Store (thus App Store) in Estonia, I thought I could buy a $100 gift card. But here's the thing - I don't know much about them and have a few questions.

1) Does the gift card actually even work in App Store?

2) I thought of purchasing the gift card from eBay. Have I gotten the right understanding that all I need to do to "activate" the gift card is the code from the actual card itself? To do that, I just have to click the "redeem" button and enter the code? Once I enter the code, the whole amount is transferred to my iTunes account or can someone still use it after I've entered the code? (eBay seller double-selling the card?)

I also have a question about the App Store itself. If I were to purchase an iPhone later on, would I be able to transfer the purchased apps to both of the devices?

I hope you can help me out with these questions.

Thanks,
    dr4cula
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. iTunes Gift Cards work in most countries, although I'm not sure whether or not they work in Estonia. I know for a fact that they don't work in Canada, due to certain tax laws and software distribution laws, so make sure you figure that information out before making your purchase.

2. Yes, all you have to do to redeem the iTunes Gift Card is to enter in the code found on the back of the card onto the Redeem page found in the iTunes Store, and the amount will be added to your iTunes Store account. If you don't have one, redeeming a code will create an account for you.

3. Once you redeem the code it can't be used again. Any other attempts at entering in the code after you redeem it will be deemed invalid.

4. Yes, as long as you are using the same iTunes, you'll be able to sync the applications to both your iPod touch and future-iPhone.
  3. dr4cula

dr4cula New Member

Thank you! The gift cards should work in Estonia as I've heard some people have used it, but will look abit more into that. Thanks again.
  4. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Im not sure if it works in your country but I heard it only works in America

Please Register or Log in to view images

Correct me if I'm wrong
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You live here:

Please Register or Log in to view images

So it doesn't work in Mexico, either?
  6. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

it works in mexico, ive done this only that you gotta setup an american account
    but now there is appstore in mexico yaay