App Store and Installer 3 on iPod

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Majumafoo, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Majumafoo

Majumafoo New Member

I've recently jailbroken my iPod touch again. The first time I used Ziphone with very satisfying results. The downloads were quick, sources were readily available, and everything just worked.

I decided that I would try the new 2.0 firmware using Pwnage Tool and I'm less than impressed. Not only is the installer slow to navigate, but there are so few things to download and there need to be different sources than the old installer so downloads can take place! It's ridiculous.

I have no problem just using 1.1.4 firmware, except that I really like the applications available from the app store and I'd like to keep them, so here's my request:

I'm looking to have both the App Store and the installer from the 1.1.4 firmware on my iPod touch.

Is this possible?
    How?
    Is there a compromise I haven't considered?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That's because on 2.x, Installer is garbage. It used to be great on 1.x, but times have changed. On the 2.x firmwares, use Cydia. You will find it much more populated with packages.
  3. Majumafoo

Majumafoo New Member

Sounds good.

Thanks.
  4. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

update your itunes to 8.x

updater your ipod to 2.1

jailbreak use quickpwn.
  5. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    When I upgraded to 2.0, I thought that 2.0 was rubbish. I then sat down and downloaded some packages from Cydia, and I imidiatelly understood that 2.0 was great. Don't worry about installer and your old apps... You'll find better ones in Cydia!

Please Register or Log in to view images