[App Review] The Sims 3

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by meg4pwn3r, Jul 7, 2009.

1. meg4pwn3r

meg4pwn3r New Member

The Sims 3 has hit the iPhone. In brilliant 3D too. EA has finally focused on a much smaller industry. Well, off to the review.

Lets start with the gameplay. The gameplay is amazing, and the interface is so similar to the console versions. A previous Sims player, will feel right at home. The object of the Sims is to keep your sim needs replenished. You have your basic needs, such as showering, food, and the toilet. Then you have your goals, things the sim wants to do (you don’t have control over this). When over a characters need needs replenishing, the need will be flashing red in bottom left corner. If it is fine, then it will be green. In the bottom right corner of the gameplay screen, you have your goals. When ever a sim wants to do something, that shows up here. When you complete that goal, it goes away. You can do various things in the Sims. You can get married, go to work, shop, shower, etc. There’s even minigames such as fishing and cooking. It’s basically starting a second life.

Now lets talk about the graphics. In my opinion, the graphics didn’t loose any quality going from the PC, to the iPod. It has amazing 3D. Some of the best 3D graphics I’ve ever seen on an iPod/iPhone. The graphics definitely get a 10.

Customization anyone? The customization features are incredible. When you first make your sim you can choose your gender, skin color, eye color, hair style and color, shirt pants, and shoes! During the game you can edit your house anytime. You can buy new furniture, sell old furniture, and move furniture. You can finally live in your dream house!

Other Thoughts: This game is great, I never thought I could have this much fun on an iPod. And it’s always fun and difficult to play.

Price: 9.99

Replay Value: 10

Fun: 10

Gameplay: 10

Difficulty: 8

Addictive: 10

Graphics: 10

Overall Score: 9.6

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not Very in-depth, but still quite good.
  3. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

You tell everything how it is

Please Register or Log in to view images

Maybe a couple more pictures next time explaining everything, but other than that it was a great review.
  4. Rixalabur

Rixalabur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought the app, but really didn't like it. Was hoping for something that wasn't there.