App Pricing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Childofgod, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Childofgod

Childofgod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How much do you think apps will cost now? Some apps will still be 99c but because of the high quality of the hardware things are going to get in depth.

Will there even be very many free apps that are good?
  2. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well we all know it can run ipod touch/iphone games so those will be the same price, but I'd like to see developers making much more complicated games, such as real fps's, now that it's bigger and more capable. I'd say for games made specifically for iPad, around $15 as long as it's a full featured game.
  3. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Im petty sure they might be the same 99ยข apps, or will be like 1.99
  4. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yes it will deffinatly stay around the same at leased for a while ... As they said at the unveiling each of the iWork apps are going for $9.99 for a fully capable word processing etc program
  5. mccrorie_k

mccrorie_k New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    itd be cool if they started having like vouchers in GAME stores .. like there was an iphoneOS/ipad games section beside the nintendo ds games

Please Register or Log in to view images

and it was basicly little cards (sort of like itunes vouchers) and when you redeem the code it auto downloads the game :L
  6. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'd be happy to see higher prices. AppStore prices are /too/ cheap. From an indie developer's standpoint, software is terribly undervalued.
  7. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would assume the new iPad specific would be more expensive.

Not iRa Pro exp*nisive, but expensive.
  8. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    As a developer, my prices won't change from iPhone apps to iPad apps. I can't speak for other developers, but for me, I see no real reason to gouge my customers *just* because they bought a different interface.

I'm sure you'll see some $20-$30 software for the iPad, but I think that for the most part, apps will be similarly priced for the iPad and iPhone.

Also keep in mind that apps will work on both devices, so devs won't want to alienate their iPhone users. You'll have some exclusives, but most devs will want the largest possible user base.
  9. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

deving for this wont take much extra work due to the included SDK frameworks and etc... so prices should change much (like 3GS only games)
  10. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think they may start originally charging more, to see what they can get away with. If apps don't initially sell, they may come down in price.

Expect most games to be about the same price range they are now. Utilities may cost more depending on how useful they are (like the iWork suite).