App Pack never came back with a restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by ripcord, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ripcord

ripcord New Member

App pack didn't come back with restore of the IPod, now what to do? I did back up the IPod touch App Pack 4A93.ipa but still no go. I had to restore my Mac from an backup today authorized the computer but the pack never comes back in ITunes etc. Ideas? Appreciate it.
  2. nicox45

nicox45 New Member

did you copy it to its original folder?
  3. sjsharks

sjsharks New Member

that happened to me 2, when I downgraded and then upgraded back I didn't get the iPhone apps back. Before I downgraded I searched my pc for the apps pack file, but no file was found. What should I do?
  4. ripcord

ripcord New Member

Isn't that library/ITunes/plugins?
  5. ripcord

ripcord New Member

Oops, I had it in the wrong folder. Needed to be in /User/Library/iTunes....and had to recreate the Mobile Applications directory there, then place my *.ipa file in that folder. Worked great, and I'm back in business.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

wait, so do you need to do this to downgrade, reupgrade, and still have the apps?
  7. ilikemonkeys

ilikemonkeys New Member

As long as you didn't go mucking around with where the original file for the apps. all you need to do is check to make sure that you are signed in to the apps purchaser and then just hit sync. That's worked for me. If not try doing a restore (to 1.1.3).
  8. ripcord

ripcord New Member

Well if you've had to restore from a backup (for the Mac) ITunes was at 7.5, and after upgrading to 7.6 iTunes lacked that Mobile Applications folder. I then had to manually create it and put the *.ipa that I had backed up previously into it. I'm just thankful someone here posted to backup that *.ipa file for the app pack

Prior to that doing a restore of the ITouch to 1.1.3 never showed the Software Version: 1.1.3 (with Software Upgrade). Once I manually created the Mobile Applications folder and put my *.ipa file in that folder it showed (with Software Upgrade). I then did a restore and all is well

9. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Correct location of App Pack file.

Here is the correct place to find your purchased App Pack if you are running Windows XP.

I purchased the 5 Apps Pack from Apple. The .ipa file is in the following location:

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications\

My file is named "iPod touch App Pack 4A93.ipa"

This is the file you have to backup and then place back after you update or restore back to 1.1.3.
  10. ripcord

ripcord New Member

Folks, my location is correct for Macs.