App memory usage too large

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by b0ng0, Oct 22, 2009.

1. b0ng0

b0ng0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi there,

On my iPod touch (2G, latest firmware) I have a few apps installed, however the total memory usage from apps is around 1.5 GB (quite a lot on an 8 GB iPod).

I tallied up the listed app memory usage (from the list in iTunes) and it came to only about 600 MB - so somewhere along the way, I am losing almost 1GB into thin air.

Here is a list of the (non-standard) apps I have installed:

Dictionary.com Dictionary, Kotoba!, DianHua, Lonely Planet Mandarin Phrasebook, IM+ Lite, Facebook, eBay, Stanza, iComic, Telegraph News Reader, Units, BigOven, ニコニコ動画, WikiTap, Paper Toss, Worms, TVGuide.

The only big ones up there are Worms (~70MB) and DianHua (~69MB).

Can anyone give me any advice on how to recover this large amount of lost space?

Many thanks.
  2. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    some apps might download extra things to your iPod but not put them on the computer, so although in iTunes it might say 600MB they really may be taking up more room on your iPod.

for example any of the tap taps which you can download extra songs, all of those songs take up loads of space but don't get transferred onto your computer, so iTunes doesn't tell you the size of tap tap with the extra songs it only tells you the size of the actual app.

so some of your apps will probably have extra things that you have downloaded in them, which is probably what is taking up so much space