App Image Quality

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Happyman7, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Apple says that iPad will be able to play the iPods' apps and that is just wonderful.

But if an app meant for the iPod is used on the iPad, won't the small iPod-sized images come up blurry/distorted?

It seems that Apple had not thought that through.
  2. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He said that it will be able to be played it's original size, with a giant black border around the empty space, or full screen which may, yes, be a little blurry.
  3. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    but thats for the very beggining remember all the developers are gonna start making the games specifically for the iPad not for iPod ... the SDK has already been released
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I still think this will kill iPhones market
  5. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well I sure do hope it doesn't kill the iPod Touch market and the IPT App market
  6. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ^^ Agreed. That'd suck. but couldn't the devs just release two versions with different resolutions? I'm not really app-savvy, I just play them so maybe theres more to it...
  7. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

try putting your computer screen res to about 800x600 and thats about how bad it will look on the iPad (approximation)
  8. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What are you talking about? iPad is not pocket device, people still gonna buy iPhones for there pocket, as still there will be app demand, developers will be interested to make iPhone apps. iPad is more home use and mobile office device, just like laptops.

But keep in mind some things will be better for iPad something for iPhone, so surly there will be exclusive apps for both devices each
  9. sylvester711

sylvester711 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think we don't even have to worry about this. Developers have noticed the iPad, and they have its SDK now. I believe when it is released, they will give updates immediately then.

And hell yeah, this will kill, if not the iPhone, at least, the iPod touch market. They both run iPhone OS, say the same software, and iPad is way much better for hardware. Have you guys looked at the iPad case? iPad doesn't have to be in the pocket, but with the case, it is still so portable that one can carry everywhere he wants.
  10. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    can he carry it on a plane with no baggage allowance?