App idea

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mapleleafmenace, Dec 1, 2008.

1. mapleleafmenace

mapleleafmenace New Member

Well I've hunted through the app store and haven't found one of these so if you do, please post it here and let me know!

I was draggin' my butt out of bed at 4 this morning after waking up to one of the lovely "apple-permitted" alarm sounds on my 2g touch (really not that bad) and thought how much more pleasant it would be to wake up to one of those biolight alarm clocks.

You know, the ones that slowly get brighter to mimic a sunrise? Since the screen is quite happy to turn itself on full-bore when my ordinary alarm goes off, I think this could be done without too much trouble and without having to mess around with the sleep/lock function too much.
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i'd buy that
  3. mapleleafmenace

Me too! And there are precious few truly useful apps in the app store that I actually would consider dropping cash on.
  4. dyeung

dyeung New Member

Sounds like a cool idea.

I didnt like using the apple alarm, last time i tried i had to turn up the volume to max, this of course turned everythings volume to max and the alarm still wasnt even loud enough.
  5. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would buy that too. That sounds like a pretty cool idea.
  6. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Except for the fact that the SDK prohibits apps from modifying the brightness level. So you wouldn't be able to find something like that on the AppStore. Notice that all the flashlight apps on the AppStore are rather useless, because they don't turn up the brightness all the way for you. Well, that is if you wanted something that is gradual like you described.
  7. mapleleafmenace

...You're kidding, right?

What possible risk to Apple Superiority could modifying the brightness level pose?

I mean...why?

That seriously needs to be changed. Oh well, maybe we can count on Google to make the app.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Yeah it's lame, that's why I'm using BigBoss's flashlight from Cydia; better than any flashlight you'll find in the AppStore.
  9. mapleleafmenace

Well...one more point in the "for jailbreak" category. One less in "against".
  10. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    what's wrong with turning the brightness up to full manually? does the flashlight from Cydia turn the screen up over and above the standard brightest level then?

a gradual brightness app would be fine. it doesn't need to up the level, just graduate to it. i can do the level before i activate the app. And the standard full brightness level on my Touch easily wakes me in the morning.