App Idea: iWiiMote

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MiG™, Oct 30, 2007.

1. MiG™

MiG™ New Member

Right, this is possible, someone just needs to implement it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, Get the iPod to send the Data from the accelerometer over Wi-Fi to a computer, with a host program accepting data, and transforming this into a usable HID Device the computer can use.

WiiMote for free? It would work flawlessly if implemented properly, after all, all you need is the co-ordinate data.
  2. element4l

element4l New Member

But the transfer rate would be to slow to transfer to the computer then back to the Wii. You would swing the iPod, then there would be a time lag and it would respond late.

Another thing is that you could break it. Remember all those WiiMotes crashed in Tv's? I don't even wanna see what that would do to the iPod

3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Also, remember that the Wiimote works not only with the accelerometer, but with the sensors as well. This may work for tilting, but it would never work as a pointing device.
  4. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

i was thinking of something similar.. but instead of using it on the wii..make games like wii games for the touch to use the accelerometer and somehow use a wireless sensor.
  5. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I don't think that this would work, not only because of lag and stuff, but because of the buttons.. if you've used the NES emulator, game control buttons are hard to use with the touch screen. (And remember, it wouldn't be a free wiimote, it would be a 3 or 4 hundred dollar one.. i'd rather break the wiimote.)
  6. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hm... I think wiimote is a bit more than just accelerometer; there's also some distance detection etc. which is done using the IR thing that goes across the top of TV. Additionally, the communication between wiimote and wii isn't wifi, its a proprietray netwrok protocol... nice idea to attempt though

7. IcyStorm

IcyStorm New Member

IIRC, it uses Bluetooth for the controllers.