App icons not appearing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jamesb33, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jamesb33

jamesb33 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I jailbroke my 2G ipod touch a while ago and downloaded an app that let me make folders on my springboard to put apps in. When the new itouch firmware came out I upgraded and my itouch was no longer jailbroken. When i did this all of the apps that were in folders dissapeared from my springboard. They are still on my Itunes and i still get updates for them. When i update them they appear on my springboard while they are updating and then dissapear when finished. Does anybody have any idea how I could get them to appear again? I'm running 3.1.2 now btw. Thanks
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    When you update from a jailbreak your settings including most jailbroken settings (such as hiden icond / folder icons) are backup.

The ipod is basicly putting them back in the folders but you cannot view them since you do not have that app anymore, categories was it?

U will need to jailbreak and install the app again or restore and do not import a backup
  3. Rol&

Rol& Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions > Put whatever password you want then disable the restrictions and all your hidden apps should reappear on the springboard
  4. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Nice, didn't know that
  5. jamesb33

jamesb33 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey that worked! Thanks so much

Please Register or Log in to view images