app hiding?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by berky93, Dec 31, 2007.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I just installed the plugin for preferneces.app that allows you to have other settings such as app hiding, fake time, cloaking, etc.

but when I try to use app hiding the only 3 aps that hide are the ones that go invis when I turn it on: safay, itunes, and youtube.

and when I try to doubletap an app it just launches it.

is there a way to fix this? because it would be nice to be able to hide a ton of apps without having to go through them in customize and then re-order them when I want to see them again. plus blank spots are neat.
  2. Phreaky_McGeek

Phreaky_McGeek New Member

Which plugin is this? It sounds good, so if you can tell me where it is I'll install it and give it a go.
  3. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Each app you would like to hide needs a boolean called,"SBIsRevealable" set to yes in the info.plist. Remember, the iPhone and iPod touch's os x is based on a complex system of object orientation. The stuff is all over OS X and is all linked together with it's classes. It's very very hard to understand.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

so basically theres no way to use this plugin to hide more than those 3 apps?
  5. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

6. berky93

berky93 New Member

well I have those but Im not looking to have spaces, im looking to be able to hide apps at any given moment, say I feel the need to make a neat little design of spaces or hide something from someone, its hard to do with customize.

...plus this is really cool
  7. Smansmith

Smansmith New Member

Try application "reveal" - double tapping will remove the icon from view, double tapping then brings it back.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27266
  8. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hey you might want to see iff itunes still regonizes your ipod because for some werid reason when i dowloaded that package didnt show i just installed then it did
  9. Smansmith

Smansmith New Member

Hmmm, I didn't actually download that package as I edited directly with my files, but mine is working fine. All my apps are revealable for about a month now (except I finally just discovered how to "hide" the Videos, Photos and Music icons today) and my iPod is fine. Although I am not sure I understand what package didn't "show" and then did...