App for videos other than MP4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smwoodcrafts, Mar 15, 2010.

1. smwoodcrafts

smwoodcrafts Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I am VERY new to the iPod world. Help out for many years, but I caved. I haven't even received it yet. I am trying to get everything ready for when the shipment gets here. I have read the sticky for newbies, (not a newbie to forums

Please Register or Log in to view images

)and didn't find an answer to this. Is there an app, either available or in development, that will play other video formats? I have a rather large collection of xvid files from my ZEN Vision and was wondering if I needed to convert them all or if there was an app that would play them.

Thanks

smwoodcrafts
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

I purchased Xilisoft Ultimate 5 for about 20 bucks, and it can convert anything into anything. the demo version lets you convert stuff up to two minutes.
  3. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you talking about an app for you computer or app for your iPod? I haven't really heard of something like this for the iPod, but it may be useful to look online (AKA Google) for "xvid converter."
  4. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    added link

It sounds like the OP wants to be able to have an app that can play other formats on his ipod touch (avi, xvid, etc) I'm not sure if there is such a thing, so if not, AVS video converter works the very best

nvm, outdated link

Please Register or Log in to view images