App for easiest Wi-Fi switch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Garfield, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Garfield

Garfield New Member

Hi everybody,

i like the services app but would it be be possible to crate an app that switches wifi on/off directly from summerboard so you only have to click on the icon and wifi turns on/off without opening a new app. The icon could probably be the same as the one from services.app and it could show the actual status of the wifi. when wifi is on the switch is up, when off its down or something like that.

Im don't know if its easy to make an app like this, but it would be awesome if someone could try to do this

p.s. sorry for my bad english
  2. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd think it's possible, I'm no hacker/programmer though, better wait and see.
  3. rodz91

rodz91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just stick to services, it's simple enough and doesn't clutter you up.

An app does exist already, check blaze's source and install the "All sources" source, you're bound to find the wifi on/off app, though it doesn't display current status, you can just look at the icon next to the carrier name.
  4. jholmes8

jholmes8 New Member

I've been looking for this as well and services didn't do it for me, its just as many steps as going into the regular settings. Installed the app from Blaze and it works great, thanks for suggestion Rodz91.
  5. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Could you send me (pm) the source link thing....this is off of installer right?
  6. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

I am constantly using the WiFiSwitch app. All you have to do is hit it, then wait for it to close. After it closes by its self, the wifi will be on.