App Crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PieOPah, May 22, 2009.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've just bought a Terminator game from the App Store (not Salvation - a top down shooter). It was £0.59 so I thought why not (I don't really like buying many apps!)

Anyway, When I launched it, just afte rthe loading screen, I saw the mnu pop up and it crashed back to the Springboard. I tried this a few times and each time the same thing happend.

Rebooting the phone allowed me to run the app, but the next day, the same thing happened again.

Is this the app that is problematic or something to do with the phone itself (jailbroken).

And for the sceptics amongst you, yes I do buy the app. It isn't cracked!
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I've seen the same thing on various Apps. I would guess it is the app itself as some are better than others.
  3. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It is the first App Store app that this has happened to me with.
    Cydia does it occassionally, but not often and never requires a reboot.

This Turn it off and back on again is almost becoming like a PC fix...
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I wish I had an answer for you. Mine is not that bad but the only fix I have found has been a restart. I quit using the app for the most part as it got annoying. The one I was having problems with was Monster TN (Monster Truck Nitro).

I actually haven't tried the app much since finally upgrading to 2.2.1. Have you tried reloading the app and see if that does anything for you?
  5. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'll give that a try when I get home (needs to be on Wifi as bigger than 10Mb - Should have a choice... I'm on an unlimited data plan so don't care how big a file is...)