App: Categories (not working right)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ThatKoreanGuy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. ThatKoreanGuy

ThatKoreanGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Okay, before I get grilled on this for starting a new thread, I want to say this problem is a bit unique and want to draw out anyone who has had a same experience, rather than like the other 'categories troubleshooting' threads asking for somewhat obvious solutions.

My categories will not hide any applications nor will poof. I see the icons fine and can access any of their menus, though they are just switches with no function at this time.

I did restored of my new iphone, as i upgraded to a 3gs and used the backup saved from my iphone 3g. It carried over all my settings real nice, but I think in the process of putting the old settings on my new phone, it got a bit funky with categories.

I usually pride myself on finding my own answers and/or working out a solutions. But this one has me stumped. I have uninstalled/reinstalled categories, poof and sbsettings numerous amount of times in different order to see if it would write a file specifically to regain control, nada on results.

Im hesitating to do a full restore just for an application that is not essential but very sought after. I am also thinking if there are 'residue' files left after uninstalling poof/sbsetting/categories, to search them out and delete them before reinstalling everything for a more 'fresh' install.
    If anyone could tell me the exact folder and directory string of the application and any hidden files these programs create, that would be most helpful.

I know this is an iphone rather than an ipod touch but i feel in this case it is not an issue of hardware (i know categories works fine on other iphone3gs 3.1.2)

Any input or suggestion would be appreciated.
    Thanks for your time.

~B