App Backup

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Olehk8, May 26, 2009.

1. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

I have Only one app that I really want to back up and all of it's data. I don't want to back it up on my iPod, because what's the point of that? the only reason I want to back it up because if something happens to it, I don't want to lose it. I was wondering if iTunes backs up the data in it or just the app. If your wondering what app it is, it's Video safe/Picture safe

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

the most logical way of doing that is to actually make copies of the files on your computer, but itunes backs up the app when you sync. there is appbackup from cyda, but i dont use it, so i cant tell you much about it.
  3. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

Like just grab it out thru SSH? Are ALL the files there when you take it out?
  4. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use Apt Backup in cydia saves everything
  5. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

As I explained I need something that doesn't save it on the iPod, the whole point of this is to save it if something happens to the iPod, not just the app (like something resulting in me having to restore my iPod)
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    AptBackup only saves a list of installed packages, much like the dpkg --get-selections > /cydia.txt command in terminal. It does not save any content in the apps.
  7. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

I just SSH'd the app folder to my comp, and all the files are there, thanks for the help anyways.