Apollo IM iPod Touch problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by BysmuthMage, Dec 26, 2007.

1. BysmuthMage

BysmuthMage New Member

I have an iPod Touch 1.1.2, jailbroken with touchfree/oktoprep. I used installer.app to install Apollo Im. Since it apparently doesn't support mobile status, I went to uninstall it, but it wasn't on the installer.app uninstall list. I've tried reinstalling it but it still doesn't show up. Any advice? (perhaps a way to uninstall it manually thru zsh)

Edit: sorry if this problem is already covered somewhere but I couldn't find it. Link me to it if it is, thanks
  2. axelis6

axelis6 New Member

there is a webserver used as MSN IQ GTALK

i think is
    bejiveiphone.com
    something like that
    search it
    i use it
    and it works PERFECTLY...
    i dont have my touch on my hands ryte now... try to get the ryte link
    good luck
  3. BysmuthMage

BysmuthMage New Member

Sorry I guess I wasnt all that clear im trying to get rid of apollo. I'll have to try that other messenger but the problem is I can't remove Apollo, its stuck.

Update: ugh I told installer.app to reinstall itself and now it doesn't work at all so I just gonna restore my iPod and rejailbreak it
    and if Apollo is still there... I'll be seriously freaked out

Update 2: I restored and jailbroke and everything works now
  4. BysmuthMage

BysmuthMage New Member

yeahhh I did the same thing again with MobileChat this time and I'd rather not restore especially since I just got my several gigs of tv shows loaded on

I have a Chat icon but it's not in the Installer uninstall list
    maybe if I install another package manager it'll be in that one?
  5. wardak

wardak New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you tried just deleting the folder in /Applications/ the "Apollo.app" folder then restart springboard

I have manually installed things by copying things into /Applications/ then restarting, I would think uninstalling would be the same. However it might be wise to rename the folder to something like temp rather than flat out deleting it.

I use winSCP and I enable the SSH on the touch to gain access to the file system.