Apollo help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PsYcHoKoRy, Oct 24, 2007.

1. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

Ok so I am trying to install apollo and its not working.. It tells me I must install bsd subsystem first.. so i try that and it tells me "error package download failed".. what am i doing wrong?
  2. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

ok so 40 people have viewed this thread and no one has any ideas?

any help would be awesome!
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Try to download BSD subsystem from the mirror (also in Installer). Also, if it is a large file (I forget how large it is), make sure to turn off the AutoLock feature, as that will kill your WiFi.
  4. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or you can just constantly touch your ipod to keep it turned on...
  5. SkylarEC

I admit, I usually just use that method.
  6. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

please forgive my stupidness but what exactly does "try to download bsd subsystem from the mirror"? mirror?
  7. vadimqwe

vadimqwe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try to unistall and install again
  8. SkylarEC

You are not the only one who had trouble downloading this BSD subsystem. So tht makers put up a copy at another site, to help facilitate downloads. If you can't get the download from one site to work, then try the other one. They both should be listed in Installer.

Edit, I jsut double checked, the Mirror is no longer in Installer. Please ignore what I've been typing.
  9. angelfold

angelfold New Member

Am I doing anything wrong or is the package still unavailable for download? I have tried to install the BSD Subsystem since a day now and I still get "package download failed: timed out!".
  10. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I tried to install Apollo first. Didn't get any errors, looked like the installation had finished, but the program was not there. I think it went to sleep mode for a little while since I wasn't paying attention to it. Which might have messed it up. Either way.. I went online here to check up and see if there was a problem. Found out I had to install BSD Subsystem first. So I did that. Now when I try to install Apollo again for the second time I get the same error message; download package failed! Now, it wont ever allow me to install Apollo and I can't uninstall BSD Subsystem (only option available to me is Reinstall).

How do I either;
    1. Get apollo and bsd subsystem working
    -or-
    2. Uninstall bsd subsystem and perhaps clear whatever obsolete apollo files that managed to download to the hard drive