Apache Refuses to Install via Installer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by aslate, Apr 18, 2008.

1. aslate

aslate New Member

I've been trying to read PDF notes on my iPod for a while now, but Apache refuses to install via Installer. I've got 1.1.4 firmware and keep getting the message:

"Error: Package download failed"

I've been getting this for a few weeks now and can't seem to get a workaround. The source i've got listed is Conceited Software and i have tried clearing the installer queue, installing from various connections etc.

Is there another source that has Apache that i don't have listed or is there a way for me to install Apache over SFTP, or does it need to be installed via installer for various configurations. I've tried searching for this and personally didn't manage to find any alternatives.

I have used Bossprefs to move my applications and it currently reports 40MB free on my iPod Apps section ontop.
  2. bsblade

bsblade New Member

im not sure if there are any things you need to have installed first, but have you checked? because you might need to have something else installed first.
  3. quark

quark New Member

4. aslate

aslate New Member

That seemed to install great (I get the message "Cannot access / on this server when trying to go to localhost now). What's the default directory for the wwwroot for that package? The More Info on installer redirects to the wrong page...
  5. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry to dig this up..................................... but it wont install can someone help?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

edit i just found out (buy going to his repo) the package can not download because he exceeded bandwith
  6. personman1

personman1 Banned

Damn, I NEED that package.
  7. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. personman1

personman1 Banned

Hey, you're in the team. Can you PM me the link to the newest version of the portal? The one that blackzmage gave me is faulty. I'll look for another repo.