AOSS Wifi help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nekoshoujo, May 18, 2008.

1. nekoshoujo

nekoshoujo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently got a wireless AOSS Buffalo router and I was wondering if there's a special method for connecting the iPod Touch to it. Everytime I try connecting to it with my iPod, it doesn't work at all. My other devices (Wii, DS, PSP) connect to it just fine.
  2. nekoshoujo

nekoshoujo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Do you know what kinda wireless connection it emits?
  4. maddie

maddie New Member

Hi nekoshoujo, I also have a Buffalo router and use AOSS, and I can't connect my Touch either. Someone has suggested that possibly the Touch doesn't like WEP, which is what I'm using. They suggest switching to another type of security, although there's a risk that may upset my other gadgets. Switching would mean setting up security manually, so I would have to switch AOSS off, which I don't really want to do unless I have to. In fact that's why I'm here, I'm hoping that there's another solution for why my Touch says "unable to join the network" after I've typed in the 40 character WEP key! (And how many times have I typed it since yesterday, when I came home with my lovely new touch? Well, a few!) I guess you will have resolved your problem by now - let me know? Thanks!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hi nekoshoujo, I also have a Buffalo router and use AOSS, and I can't connect my Touch either. Someone has suggested that possibly the Touch doesn't like WEP, which is what I'm using. They suggest switching to another type of security, although there's a risk that may upset my other gadgets. Switching would mean setting up security manually, so I would have to switch AOSS off, which I don't really want to do unless I have to. In fact that's why I'm here, I'm hoping that there's another solution for why my Touch says "unable to join the network" after I've typed in the 40 character WEP key! (And how many times have I typed it since yesterday, when I came home with my lovely new touch? Well, a few!) I guess you will have resolved your problem by now - let me know? Thanks!
    Solved - I changed the wireless security from WEP to AES and it worked first time.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oops, sorry for the duplicate post