AOL Mac vs. PC

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by noobishipodkid3434, Jun 24, 2008.

1. noobishipodkid3434

noobishipodkid3434 Banned

I opened up Fire Fox and I clicked something yahoo, it took me to AOL.com? Anyways, the first thing that I saw: "Before you buy a mac..."

Here is teh link.

*Not trying to start a new OS war, there are enough of them. Just showin you guys what AOL thinks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That "article" was obviously biased towards PCs. Who listens to AOL anyway?
  3. noobishipodkid3434

noobishipodkid3434 Banned

It had to have been biased now that you mentioned it, most software on windows can be replace with an app on mac..XD..And AOL does suck, so...XD
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    bloody hell, thats so biased. theres alternative software for mac, and they say its miniscule. BS!

they think Windows is better than MacOSX. yeh right. compare Leopard 10.5.1/10.5.2/10.5.3. with vista. hmm reliability :mac
    i think macs are better, u cant say that 90% of the world has a desktop, therefore its better

Please Register or Log in to view images

thats stupid. stupid AOL
    wait till Teslanaut comes, he will go for mac any day
  5. angrysheepdog

angrysheepdog New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Theres quite a bit of Mac software. And the statement "And most of the programs you already know are probably only available on the PC" is one of the stupidest statements I have heard in ages.
    1: Adobe Products, Microsoft Office, iTunes, Firefox/Thunderbird, Google Earth, AIM, VLC Video Player, etc. are all advailable on the Mac as well as the PC (these are the primary apps I have been using for my PC [even before I thought about getting a Mac], which made the switch to Mac really easy)
    2: That is only true if you have been using a PC previously. For people who have used a Mac primarily, it is just plain rediculous to hear. This should be taking a neutral stance, not from only one view.

Also, using bootcamp/parallels to install Windows is just plain silly unless you have software that only runs on Windows. Most people, on the other hand, don't have too much expencive software that they worry about having on their computer.
  6. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dual-boot Leopard and Vista.
    Problem solved.
  7. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i tried to do that....
  8. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the vista are the worst windows ever
    new windows are coming in 2010 and the called seven (07) cause there are the seven windows
  9. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

mac ftw
    even though i dont have one
  10. GTX1

GTX1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why? It runs faster? No, not when you use a mac for certain things. My mom has a brand new Mac Pro, it runs slower then my dads Compaq laptop running windows 2000. On the other hand, Mac's software is more user friendly, and just flat out better looking. I would much rather use XP though, just because I'm so used to it. I like Firefox running on XP, safari on my moms Pro is utterly horrid. Even at that, PC's are easier to customize with hardware. But again, Mac's you don't need to do anything like that. It's a matter of opinion! The survey is so biased because OBVIOUSLY the editor uses Vista/XP more then Mac. Everything has its greats, every thing has its worsts...