Anyway to use wide keyboard w/o wi-fi then mail it?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by plinstrot, Jan 24, 2008.

1. plinstrot

plinstrot New Member

I’m about to head out to class and want to take notes on my touch that I can then mail to my PC but I won’t have wi-fi at the classroom. Is there anyway to do this but so that I am using the tilted (larger) keyboard?

I did this once a while ago on some internet typing site (before the Jailbreak was out) but when I came back to a wi-fi zone it had an error and deleted the pages and pages I had typed.

EDIT: if mailing is not possible, can I save it to my iPod (a la notes but with a wide keyboard)
  2. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

get the Notes app and just type it there, send it to your email when your in a wi-fi zone

thats what i do anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope this helps
  3. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats not a wide keyboard...and no writing app has landscape yet
  4. Jux1

Jux1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    before you walk into class, use something like mailcoaster or gmail via the web(while you get a wifi signal), load up an email in landscape mode with the wide keyboard set in place.....type your notes, then when you walk out of the classroom, leave the screen as is. Walk to a spot that has wifi, and when you get a signal...send it
  5. Meoiswa

Meoiswa New Member

yes:
    1) the easy way: wait untill someone releases an app for it
    2) install Apache with PHP and use a downloadable template of a server-side internet notepad editor, then type 127.0.0.1 in the safari (even without internet) and you get connected to your own text editor in safari, wich supports widescreen keyboard