iOS 3.1 anyway to update iphone to 3.1, baseband 4.26.08

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dlpetey, Dec 17, 2009.

1. dlpetey

dlpetey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've been looking all over for this and not finding what I need. I have an iphone 3g, using baseband 4.26.08, running firmware 3.0. I would like to update to 3.1 to use some app that only run on 3.1 but can't find instructions on how to go about it, or if it's even possible to do it on a windows box. Thanks in advance.
  2. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Simple. I did it. Just upgrade your device to 3.1.2 through iTunes as you would normally (back up cydia apps, or make a list of them) and then when you have finished upgrading iTunes will say insert original sim. Then just download Blackra1n for Windows (google) and press make it rain. Then after it's finished with your iPhone, there will be a new app on your home page called ra1n. Hit that, then download sn0w and Cydia and it's done. It will unlock the new 5.11.07 baseband. It's been out for a while now.
  3. dlpetey

dlpetey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Wonderful! Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure, I'm using the Iphone on T-Mobile, no problems with loosing the unlock correct?
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Once upgraded you can unlock iPhone 3G (if required) using blacksn0w. The option to run blacksn0w will be in the blackra1n app on that appears on your springboard after you have jailbroken with blackra1n.
  5. dlpetey

dlpetey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    All worked out. Proud owner of a jailbroken IPhone 3g, running 3.1.2 on T-Mobile. Thanks all.
  6. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Congratulations bro, I believe if you look around the forum long enough you will find apps, games, themes, and much much more that you can now enjoy on your jailbroken iPhone. Good luck.