Anyway to save iPod layout and all?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by ianoreo, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ianoreo

ianoreo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I am planning on experimenting with firmware 2.0 for application development but if I don't like it I was wondering if it was possible to revert back to my 1.1.4 layout. By this I mean if I can go back to my iPod just the way it was (Jailbroken+apps+themes+etc.)
    Sorry if there is already a post on this, I didn't know exactly what to search.
    Thanks,
    Ian
  2. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

only if you create a custom firmware with all the apps you want loaded when you install it. So basically, no. You can't create a backup firmware of you current firmware.
  3. jktouch

jktouch New Member

Ehm.. No
  4. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well.... if you set up your iPod as a new iPod when you restore to 2.0, then when you restore back to 1.1.4, select your original backup (which will have been preserved because you didn't sync a 2.0 version over it). Now, your apps and themes will be gone, but your settings will remain intact, and the positions of all your apps will be kept (there will be gaps where the apps are missing). So just reinstall all your apps without doing the wiggly apps thing, and they will all go straight back to their original position.