Anyway to remove scratches? I'm using the Griffin iClear

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Urbanyouth, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Urbanyouth

Urbanyouth New Member

I purchased the Griffin iClear a little while ago and I've been using it on my iPod. However, I've noticed a few scratches on the screen. I'm using the screen protector that came with the case so does that mean that screen protector is scracthed and not the screen itself? I'm reluctant to remove the screen protector to find out. If it is the actual screen that is scratched, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks alot.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Applesauce works perfectly. NOT THE FOOD! LOL.

Google Applesauce polish/ipod
  3. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you still have the screen protector on, you're most likely seeing scratches ok it. A scratch deep enuf thru your protector would be insanely obvious. Removed the original screenprotector today due to a scratch and couldn't get the replacement ok without bubbles. Will retry late.
  4. stinkeye

stinkeye New Member

all the little fine scratches you see are on the protector itself, not the screen.. don't worry.
  5. theonewhoisgood

theonewhoisgood New Member

i found the iclear's screen protector is worthless and this thread only adds to the strength of my opinion, why even use a screen protector that will get scratched? because it prevents the ipod face from getting scratched? no, those scratches on your screen protector wouldn't be scratches on your ipod touch face
  6. Urbanyouth

Urbanyouth New Member

Ok. Thanks a lot guys. I do see one scratch that might be on the actual screen but I really hope its just on the protector. I'm gonna buy a new protector soon enough cause all these scratches look unappealing.
  7. EmeraldICE

EmeraldICE New Member

Don't worry about it. It's highly unlikely that your touch's screen got scratched since you've got that protector over it. I own the iclear and the protector it comes with is sh*t. I ordered a front protector from IS last night so hopefully that'll come in soon.
  8. billyhandler

billyhandler New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i agree, i have had my ipot for what now, 4 or 5 weeks, without a screen protector, and not even a case for the past week (my silicon case broke) and i can say that the screen, if not compleatly abused, will withstand a fair amount of ware and tear, so thats what i have to say about that, the metal back on the other hand.... Lol