Anyway to lock icons in place

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by h1web, Feb 10, 2009.

1. h1web

h1web New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok you know how when you hold down an icon and all downloaded apps will show an x for delete and wobble, if there any way to take that off so they can't be moved? I have a little brother that likes to play with it and he always manages to rearrange all my icons and it's annoying trying to reorganize them all the time.

Yeah ok an easy solution would be not to let my little brother play with it but he's good with it he knows how to use it well but just gets a kick out of rearranging things no matter how many times I tell him and he likes to make me mad actually he loves too and if I take it away he cries to my mom and she makes me give it to him which is ridiculous because I bought it but anything that keeps him entertained and not pulling her hair sort to say is perfectly fine for her.

So tell me, is there an option of trick or am I doomed?

thanks!
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    erm there is no current way. I guess it could be done.

Before 1.1.4 (i think, or 1.1.3) The icons did not do this. If someone could find out the code that was added to add this, and then remove it. It could be done, im guessing..
  3. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

yeah, hmm...
    we need to find someone with 1.1.4 or 1.1.3...
    but that would take time to compare the codes...

Maybe some people like it and some don't..
    Apple should have made that in settings!!
  4. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    there is something that disables the wiggle... idk if it actually just disables the wiggle itself or the ability to move them... if I remember correctly it was in jailbroken app releases, but I am not sure
  5. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, it's called wigglefree in Cydia, and it only disables the animation.

You could always put a passcode on it and when it reaches something insane like wait 25min to enter passcode, simply connect it to your computer and it'll be instantly unlocked.