Anyway to Fix error 6

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Finite Vendetta, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Finite Vendetta

Finite Vendetta New Member

I'm trying to do a nor only restore on untethered, to get a custom boot logo, but it won't work, I keep getting error 6 when I try to restore in recovery mode...when in DFU mode it just keeps loading the Preparing iPod for Restore window...it never loads...so yeah...solutions?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    NVM I fixed it..

Please Register or Log in to view images

..if anyone needs to know how, let me know.
  2. Skribblez

Skribblez New Member

Are you sure yours is error 6 or can it be 1604? cause mine gets stuck at 1604
  3. josh0403

josh0403 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just got the error. How do you fix it?
  4. Deisel72

Deisel72 New Member

yeah there are some ways...you have to fake restore...to do this shift restore with your apple 2.2.1 firmware then as soon as ur ipod turns off force quit itunes...then try to boot ur ipod...it shud b in recovery mode...then restore with NOR

enjoy

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Finite Vendetta

Finite Vendetta New Member

Yeah what he said, it's exactly what I did, cept mine didn't turn off, it started loading the restore and I stopped it right before the bar under the apple icon came up, and after it closed, the bar came up and eventually went away so I turned it off and tried booting it back up it went to recovery and then I did the nor only restore =).