anyway to downgrade back to 1.1.4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by uofmbballplaya12, Jan 1, 2009.

1. uofmbballplaya12

uofmbballplaya12 New Member

i had a 1.1.4 fw ipod touch and i had a bunch of sweet games that i got from installer. i upgraded to 2.2 thinking that the same things would be there and more, but i was wrong. there are absolutely no good games on cydia and my old fun ipod is gone. is there anyway to downgrade or restore it with what i used to have.

or does anyone have some sources for cydia that have good games for the ipod touch(solitaire, thtouch, icopter, etc.)
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No, all of those programmers moved onto the App Store... and to be blunt, most of the Installer sources you used to use were taken down as their owners no longer used Firmware 1.1.x for their iPods and switched over to Cydia and Firmware 2.x.
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To downgrade to 1.1.4 you need to do this.

I just did it so it works!

1. Download iTunes 7.5 to Another Computer. Or yours but it's a little bit more complicated as you have to rename a file as Backup. Because when you instal iTunes it creates a new folder so it won't open. That's why you create the backup. there is a Thread on this Just I'm at work I'll update it later ok?

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76884&highlight=downgrade DFU mode

2. Put your iPod in Recovery mode.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96609
    3. Restore with 1.1.4 normally and it should work!
  4. aarliu38

aarliu38 New Member

basically all you need to do is remember, or find our which itunes version it was, & then download that version. then find the 1.1.4 firmware off google or wherever and Ctrl + Shift.

i advise you not to go back though. after messing around with my 2.2 FW i really got used to it and there really actually is a lot of stuff that you can mess around with.