Anything in the near future?

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by Muffin15, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well, i've been following the iphone linux since it was released, and even though i don't have linux on my mac (at least not yet) im still quite intrigued
    i was wondering what the status is on drivers and a UI, since right now it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of worth in installing it, if only for the sake of having linux on your ipod
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There us really nothing to make anyone want to install it. That is unless your a dev and can contribute.

As far as drivers it's going to be awhile probably and longer until there is a working OS that every joe can use.
  3. Eli

Eli New Member

Give it a little bit. Not having access to the hardware directly means they have to work at it slowly with a lot of "try then fail"s.

I'd say within the month or two we'll probably have a bit of touchscreen access. Then probably sound with Wifi coming in after.

They pretty much released it right now to say "It's possible. We did it. We can't do much (yet) but we got the basics to work".

The possibilities though are staggering. After they get the UI working then what's next? Miniature touch screen for GIMP (for quick tools?). *drool*
  4. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    mm, yes
    gimp+touchscreen = oodles of fun
    thank you for the replies
    i was just wondering if there was anything official on it
    or if its pretty much all the devs for themselves, now that its out there
  5. mushinskyy

mushinskyy New Member

I would love it to work like a tablet.
  6. RealEmotionX

RealEmotionX New Member

I think it would be neat to have Ubuntu MID or Google ANDROID running on the ipod touch or iphone. I mean, I thought about it for a moment and a m VERY happy with the iphone OS I have, but there is something about screwing around with the OS that just entertains me. If its a easy install, and easy to undo, I am all aboard to do what I can to help. I would donate hardware if I wasn't poor and we weren't in a rescission
  7. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if only the devteam can make it install-able through cydia, and touch-able, then I would be HAPPY!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Too bad the iPhone dev team didn't port Linux to the iPhone, nor will they have anything to do with the installer...
  9. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here's a quick status on the drivers.
  10. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Give it a while, they have been working on this for a looong time, but there are working from nothing