Anyone with 1g Touch with a short battery life just recently?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rg3n, Sep 9, 2009.

1. rg3n

rg3n New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i've had the first generation ipod touch for 2 years now and just noticed today how it couldn't keep its usual 18-20 hr charge. i left it playing music with the screen off for only 3 hours and when i checked it already said 20% left.

ahh and i was actually pretty content with it since there was no major upgrade to the new ones (so found it not worth to buy the 3G) maybe i have to buy one now

u think its worth getting the cheaper ipod touch 8gb for the 199 price? and is it the same specs as the 2g one?

or is it worth getting the more faster 32gb one?
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Mine gets like 4 hours on a good day.

Depends on whether you would use the storage on the 32GB one. You will definitely get better battery life on whichever one you buy because it is new.
  3. Thomas-J

Thomas-J New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Mine usually lasts a pretty long time with a single charge. It never has died in 3 hours from just playing music with the screen off. Only when I watch videos or play with it constantly does it die quickly. I've had mine since March of last year and it still is pretty good. I'm considering getting a new one, but what's the point, and why waste the money? I'm just not sure.
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

The 8GB is essentially a 2nd gen with iPhone OS 3.1 preinstalled, the 32 and 64gb models are the true 3rd generation models

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My 1st gen started having degraded battery life a few weeks ago. I removed Winterboard and Categories, improved a little, but not much. now a couple hours of music drains it. If I play Crayon Physics it warns of the 20% in about 45 minutes fully charged. I even let it run dead to reset the battery meter just in case, but it is accurate. And it started suddenly, didn't just happen over time.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Has anyone replaced their battery themselves? On eBay there's a kit with a 1000mAh battery for like $7.50...
  6. rg3n

rg3n New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so you guys think its better for us 1g ipod touch owners to just get the last left over stock of the 2g itouch models before there gone?

i was thinkin of gettin the 2g ipod touch 32gb since its a few dollar less then the 3g one

what you guys think?

and the ipod 2g processor is faster then the 1g so i'll feel like the touch has got faster
  7. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you can get a battery and install tools for 12 bucks shipped, you may want to go that route.
  8. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's on eBay for like 7.50 free shipping. My concern is that it had to be soldered, and we're talking tiny wires. I am good at soldering, but not to that level of precision. I figured the factory battery wire could be cut and would be super easy to splice, but I don't believe there is much space for any extra wire to fit... That's why I asked if anyone else here had done this before I venture that route...
  9. rg3n

rg3n New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just noticed something weird before i updated to 3.1 i always had my notifications turned on and my battery life was fine but when i left them on with 3.1 firmware my battery life decreased alot :s. Maybe thats the cause of my 1g touch losing battery all of a sudden

Anyone else can relate
  10. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sorry...I always have push turned off. I keep my screen as low as needed depending on lighting, and always put it to sleep if I'm not using it...still less battery. However, I would say it seems to be worse with 3.0 than with my previous 2.1.