Anyone w/ the Otterbox Defender case for the Touch 2g??

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jjj5278, Apr 24, 2009.

1. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

I just got my case in the mail and put it on. I love it and it is easy to assemble/disassemble except when you push on the touch screen sometimes the protective layer leaves marks on the screen like it is still attached. Does that make sense?? If so, anyone know how to stop it other than taking it apart, pulling it off and putting back together? Thats a pain. I bought the case mostly for the screen protection but if it will "adhere" itself everytime I use it it does me no good. Let me know and thanks.
  2. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well that is one problem that everyone has, it has that sort of watermark affect, what you could try is to take that plastic cover thing off.
  3. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

Yes thank you, watermark, that is the darn word I was looking for. So there is no cure for it?? Crap no one mentioned that when I was searching for a case. I bought it to keep it on and protect the screen but that just makes the screen look like crap, lol. Hmmm, any idea if the iSkin Touch Duo has the same flaw? Thanks for the info.
  4. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually i have no info on the iskin at the moment if you give me some time i can find out a lot.

Or try the neo or rebel from switcheasy.com
  5. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

Do those have a built in screen protector w/o leaving watermarks? I'd love to find out more on the iSkin so whenever you have time lmk what you turn up. Thanks for the help!!
  6. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Im pretty sure other brand name cases dont have this problem but i can help you research.
  7. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

the ivyskin touch thru case is 2 plastic pieces that protect the ipod all around. supposed to be real nice.

edit: do not get the iskin touch duo case. it is just a regular case with a screen protector included (which you need to manually install) and then a hard polycarbonate visor that protects the screen when not in use. this piece of plastic is NOT touch thru so the ipod is useless with this visor on.

not a good case if you ask me.
  8. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

Thanks, I thought I did enough research before I bought the Otterbox, lol. I watched YouTube videos and read here and all over the place. I do know the iSki has two pieces so when you are using it you take the one piece off and place it behind, but it still has a thin one covering the touch screen. Thanks for the help and I'll keep searching as well.
  9. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Miera said it all lol. And ask here before you buy we can help you some more.
  10. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

hahahaha quick google search

Please Register or Log in to view images

and ya dude. look around at some cases, pick a couple you really like, and we will definitely help you pick out the best one.