Anyone use MagicJack?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by €p1c, Aug 9, 2009.

1. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey I'm just wondering if using MagicJack as a phone service (making a lot of outgoing calls, etc.) is a good plan...

Anyone use this?
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No.

If your computer isn't on, you have no phone.
  3. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    can you use any application and still run magicjack at the same time?
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm assuming it just runs in the background.
  5. biribeez

biribeez New Member

not meaning to bring up a dead thread...

however I have input regarding the MJ

YES - it's totally worth so long as you have a decent connection (Im running a 4mb connection and even while surfing and downloading I still have a clear connection.)

it's about as clear as any landline can get. not to mention you can acquire w/e area code you like. the best part is you can take it with you wherever, say you're travelling and you wish to call a local friend within you area code in the US, but youre in europe. the phone still acts as if it's located within the US and neither you nor your friend will be charged long distance.

and since long distance within US and canada are included with the first year sub upon purchase of the MJ, it's really a great deal

theres also been a way to use the MJ with your ipod touch etc. plus not to mention the convenience of simply HAVING a phone number etc is better than using skype and paying their fees for calling landlines

either way you need an internet connection so using the MJ imo is much better as far as price and experience with it.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76873
    thats the corresponding thread, he provides a link to his tutorial, haven't tried myself as I dont have an ipod touch, but this is making me consider otherwise.