Anyone try this out yet (Potential way to get Categories to work)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Loudmouth2332, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I have heard that categories doens't work fully yet because we can't really hide icons yet...i haven't put customize onto my ipot manually yet so i don't know the truth in this. However, going through utilities in installer i see that big boss has written a nice program in beta called "poof" that is a way to hide icons.

First of all, is categories working and there is no need for this thread at all?

and second, has anyone tried combining this app with categories to get the proper effect?
  2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I dont see the need for Categories now - Pages work just fine...... and as long as you have at least 1 icon on a page, you can create anew page...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a page for Apple Apps, 1 for games, 1 for webclips and 1 for system tools.....
  3. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can't you only have 4 pages though?

EDIT: nvm, you can have mroe then 4...still, i do have apps i want to hide...like stocks...has anyone tired out poof yet?
  4. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    poof works great. you cant launch the hidden icons through dock or anything though.
  5. CarlosTheTackle

CarlosTheTackle New Member

'Poof' is a disaster. I tried it, and indeed it does hide the icons, but then any app that is in a Category won't launch. It just reverts back to the Springboard.

I wouldn't recommend using this program until this issue is sorted.

Yes, I'm holding out for a proper updated version of Categories too, but at least the current version works well enough to get some categories on your first springboard page. (You just can't hide the duplicates).