Anyone tried USB Drive?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xitz your fearx, Feb 26, 2010.

1. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So I was just looking through a new repo I added and I saw there was an package named "USB Drive". I installed it and just to try it, I had it create a 1 gig partition. I plugged my iPod in the computer and it worked, the 1 gig partition showed up as a USB Drive and had read/write access.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if they had any knowledge on this, such as what all is involved in creating this partition.
  2. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sounds pretty interesting, but I already have an 8GB jump drive and a 1TB external drive, so I would have no use for it.
  3. Mooner93

Mooner93 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have it and it works great! use it all the time to play music on my xbox
  4. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice! I was wondering if that would work, I haven't had the time to be able to test that out yet. Was hoping it would work.

I am currently working on setting up the partition so it will be able to be booted from. Already have it formatted and all, just need to put on the data.
  5. colonbracket

colonbracket New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    booting what exactly?
  6. y2kss66

y2kss66 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Im guessing like installing windows on it and booting windows from usb on his computer.
  7. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Isn't that USB Drive application dangerous? I heard it can change the USB serials or something and then your computer won't recognize your iDevice as and iDevice any more but rather a USB stick.
  8. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ill look into this application
  9. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am using it to boot into Linux. I am currently using DamnSmallLinux so as to not to use that much space, the partitioned space is 500mbs.

The problem I am running into is when DSL is starting up it scans for USB Devices, which ends up briefly disabling the link between the iPod and the PC, causing the OS to fail. I am working on a way around this, but for now I can't get Linux to work. I have been able to get XP, Vista, and Chromium OS to properly boot, but I am more interested in Linux.

Yeah it's a little dangerous, but only when you are uninstalling it. There are three modes that it can be in iTunes+Drive, Default, and Drive Only. If when you go to uninstall USB Drive and its in USB Mass Storage Mode will end up disabling iTunes Sync and USB charge will also be disabled.
  10. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i've used it for ages!
    its fine it give you options for the computer to see the device with iTunes, as USB, or on mac both in the app that you can switch between!