Anyone tried the WiFi MAX usb dongles?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alex53, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Alex53

Alex53 New Member

The WiFi MAX is marketted as an access point for the Nintendo DS and the PSP, but in the description it mentions that any wifi enabled device such as PDAs can use it, so my guess is the iPod Touch shouldnt have a problem.

Costs under $40 and I am thinking of getting one, but I'd like to know if anyone here has used one with their iPod Touch or iPhone yet?

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2006/03/wifi_max_for_the_psp.html

After trying ad-hoc wifi between different wifi adapters on PCs and my laptop I decided the whole thing is way too fiddly. Once you get it going, you turn off the PC, come back and end up troubleshooting it again.

So I looked very hard for the smallest access point I could find, that I could carry with me and didnt need its own power, et voila, I saw this Wifi Max thing and thought that could be the solution.
  2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You can't get a pretty good wireless router for that much.

Just get a good wireless router.
  3. Alex53

Alex53 New Member

I know, I have one.

But a usb dongle offers portability. I am not going to buy a wireless router for my house, my parents house, my office, my neighbour, my friends, my parents in law...but they all have internet access on a PC and I can carry a usb dongle with me.