anyone tried "file:// Schema in safari"?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by felixen, Sep 29, 2008.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Saw this in cydia and found it interesting. So I googled it but it seems the thing has ruined some people's safari somehow. So I was wondering if anyone in here have tried it and how it works? The thing is I want to be able to use my web bank on my ipod, but in order to do that I need to be able to browse local files via my browser
  2. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    For me it worked. It's a pretty nice app.
    I'd recommend backing up your Safari.app folder first though.
  3. replicat0r

replicat0r New Member

its gona f*** up your safari. dont do it
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    kinda mixed reactions.. is this the only way to browse local files via safari? also, the other web browser called myfox, can that one browse local files?
  5. hidetr

hidetr New Member

Hello,

I use it to read my .pdf ebooks, also i use it to preview web pages generated with application myHTML.app, since it does not let u preview a page with external files in application itself.

I had 0 problems, didnt f*** anything up in safari, downloaded it via Cydia. One of most usefull aps imho.
  6. karim7110

karim7110 New Member

hey yea i've tried it. it ruined my safari completely thats why i made a thread on it. This is what happened. I installed it, i went into safari and as soon as i typed in a site and hit return, safari crashed. This happened everytime. Countless reboots, resprings different sites etc..i tried everything and it didn't work. so i installed myfox whiich was much better, then i restored to 2.1 jailbroken but without ssh, cydia and installer but i can still install crackedd apps and normal apps off itunes

Please Register or Log in to view images

but dont install file:// schema.