Anyone running stock 2.2.1 on 2nd gen iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by aitese, Aug 17, 2009.

1. aitese

aitese New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, just needed some help here.

I paid for the 3.0 firmware update and may or may not be wrong about behaviour I thought I remembered. It may well be that it's MY iPod that is damaged in some way so I need to know for sure.

I used to be able to adjust the volume of my iPod while unlocking it from sleep mode and not having any music playing. Basically with the ear phones out there would be an audible click when you entered your unlock code...I would usually slide to unlock and then using the side volume rocker to drop the volume down so that the unlock was silent.

It seems that since I upgraded to 3.0 I don't have that behaviour anymore. Could someone confirm that I didn't dream being to do this and that it is indeed there in 2.2.1 / Additionally, anyone who's on 3.0...could you confirm this cannot be done, so I know if it is just MY iPod and I have to take it in...I've already done several restores. If it's just a fact it's been removed I'll get on to them to see if it can be raised as a bug.

Thanks for the help in advance people.
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You cannot adjust the volume from the lock screen with no music playing on 3.0 by using the volume rockers.

Double tap home on the lockscreen though, and a volume slider will appear.
  3. aitese

aitese New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, was it the same behavior in the 2.0 firmware? I distinctly remember being able to do this. Why would they remove the ability?
  4. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So people wouldn't accidentally press the button? I'm not quite sure.