iPhone 3GS Anyone prepared to buy 3GS once 4G comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nomar1245, Jun 5, 2010.

?

Will you get a 3GS instead of the new iPhone(4G)?

Poll closed Jun 11, 2010.
  1. No. I only want the 4G

61.5%
  2. Yes. If it is lacking hardware

11.5%
  3. Yes. Because of price point

19.2%
  4. Neither. I'm happy with my current phone.

7.7%
  1. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I personally am very excited for the the new iPhone. I graduated from college in March, and have been working since. So for the first time I can just go buy things with out scrounging to hard to get them. That being said, I'm not a fool.

If the new one comes out and the prices are ridiculous, with the addition of a required video calling plan(like Sprint just mandated for one of their HTC phones) I'm not going to be willing to get it. Most of the people I know don't use smartphones, and none of them have a video calling feature.

So my question is, is there anyone anticipating geting an iPhone or upgrading their 2G/3G that would be satisfied with the 3GS and not the 4G.

I have a 3G that is cracked, and an upgrade available to me, so I'm not going to spend a ton and receive little new features for the price difference.

On a side note: I want to state that I am a big believer in "You get what you pay for." Especially when it comes to electronics. I will pay for something if I feel it is worth it. But it should be worth it in my opinion. It shouldn't just be new.
  2. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You're kind of missing the obvious here, each latest generation of iPhone is extremely expensive/overpriced for a phone. There are plenty of punters out there who want an iPhone, but can't afford the latest/most expensive model, this will be the same post 4G release.

In a few weeks the 16GB 3GS will become the cheap alternative for new customers wanting an iPhone. And lets be honest for most average customers owning an iPhone is enough, they don't care which model they own as long as its an iPhone. Why do you think until a few weeks ago the 3G was still in production?
  3. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I love my first generation iPhone, so I'm keeping it until prices on the 4G aren't as rediculous, as I'm sure they will be at first.

Edit: Btw. why are they so pricy? Is it because of functionality + design?
  4. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yup, I got the first iPhone one month before the 3G came out, got the 3G also one month before the 3GS came out, I might as well not break the combo.
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Why would I buy a 3GS when a new iPhone is out? Makes no sense to me.
  6. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    It doesn't make any sense to you because you have a 3GS. But if you didn't and you didn't see enough new features in the new one to justify the price, it would make plenty of sense.
  7. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm going to get the 4G but keeping my 3G for android

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm very interested in these android/open source hacks that is why I'll stay 3G and not 3Gs

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Case closed.....getting the 4G
  9. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So if the iPhone 3G is $99 in the USA wouldn't it be £100 in the UK? Or is that on a contract?
  10. kevuk09

kevuk09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yes jayden thats on contract in the us,normally free on contract here in the uk if you get there dearest plan, payg about 500 pounds