Anyone know of an iPoT emulator for mac?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jakjak9210, Nov 25, 2007.

1. jakjak9210

jakjak9210 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i dont actually have a touch yet, but i would still like to play around with some of the apps, and maybe design a few, does anyone know of a way to load the ipod touch os on a mac, or even a pc?

im sure developers would love to use something along these lines to test apps without an actual touch.

thanks
    let me know if this is posted in the wrong place, as im a bit of a noob

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. chrischris292

chrischris292 New Member

or PC please!!!!!
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not too easy, unfortunately. iPod Touch is based on an ARM processor rather than an Intel, so someone would have to create a full emulator for the processor. Not to mention that as soon as anyone posted an iPod Touch emulator, I'm guessing Apple would be tossing out "cease & desist" notices left and right... It's one thing to emulate a relatively old gaming console like the NES, but another to emulate the hotest selling product for this Christmas...
  4. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    What might be better to emulate would be a mac classic os as it would require less cpu and memory from the device how ever an app to do this would be great fun.
  5. jakjak9210

jakjak9210 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i am actually looking for a ppc version of this software, as i only have a mac mini g4 that i can use. does anyone know of an arm proscessor emulator for ppc?