Anyone know if scratches on the invisible shield can be removed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouch_9714, Apr 9, 2009.

1. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

I bought the invisible shield by Zagg a few days ago. I had it installed by a Best Buy employee. He did a great job (no bubbles, dust, etc). However yesterday, I had my iPod touch in my pocket. And when I took it out, I noticed a couple scratches-one in the mid right hand side of the screen, and one in the lower left hand side of the screen-on the invisible shield, not the actual iPod. These scratches are very noticeable on a white screen, and less noticeable on a dark (black) screen. And when looking at these scratches in certain angles, when there is light on the screen, it has a rainbow effect-you can see different colors through the scratch when tilting the iPod in different directions or by simply looking at the scratch from different angles. Is there a chance that these scratches would eventually go away? If not is there any way to remove these scratches? Thank you.
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

I'm guessing the scratches will go away in a few days. If they don't, contact Zagg for a replacement, as they advertised that it was self-healing or some bull like that.
  3. r32spec

r32spec New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you have to have regestired to get the replacement. its a pain in the ass to get the replacement. first you have to remove it send the damaged one then pay shippping and wait to recieve new one. the scartches should go away i have had mine on for about 4 months and in the beging there wer imperfections but they go away wait a couple of days. i dont know how you could got a scratch on it but who knows. grab some glasses cleaner with cloth and wipe it down. i use it and it cleans and take all smudges away.
  4. fromamerica

fromamerica New Member

I would wait as well. I've had some scratches on my sheidle that went away.
  5. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i get a new zagg like every 6 days, after you buy the shield you can get it replaced as many times as you want
  6. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use a cheap brand that I bought on ebay for $4. Had it for two months now and my ipod still looks brand new with no scratches what so ever. Putting it on was also very easy and left no bubbles at all. Why deal with all that hassle?
  7. Feud

Feud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What's the name of the brand?

I have the Invisible Shield and it was pretty annoying to put on and after a couple months the edges of the back are starting to peel and collect dust/crap, looks horrible.
  8. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

Mine is starting to do that (the back shield) the edges are starting to collect lint/dust and are starting to peel a little bit. Ive taken a razor and slightly trimmed it down to fix it for now. The front shield is still pretty flawless.. no scratches.. no peeling. I do have piece-of-mind knowing that the silver back plate is completely unscathed though. =)

Those shields are pretty hard to scratch though.. i'm curious to know what the heck you did to scratch it up while it was in your pocket =P
  9. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You can't really complain when you can get a brand new zagg for free anytime you want after you buy it, no offense if your zagg looks like sh*t it's kind of your fault :/ .
  10. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

Well the return process is much more of a hassle then you make it out to be =P
    Also it would mean that my ipod would go unprotected for a few weeks. I dont really want to deal with that either.