Anyone in Tampa with new apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ricthar, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ricthar

ricthar New Member

Trying to find someone in Tampa with the new apps that is having success with the "Locate Me" function in the Maps app working. I can't get it to find me at any hotspot, even if I'm picking up several networks, etc. Have talked extensively with apple about this function, they want to know if anyone here can be located through maps app.
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    look at the coverage map. I forgot what site it is on, but it is sky something. Search around here, and you will find the company name.
  3. ricthar

ricthar New Member

I have looked at the skyhook map. It shows complete coverage in Tampa. If I can find somebody that has it working here maybe I can figure out why mine doesn't.
  4. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I live in Tampa area. I just used the new map programs "locate" feature and it worked perfectly for me. I am using a wireless router at home.
    I was surprised how accurate it was too. On the first try it put the pin within one house away. On the second try was dead on target.

Maybe you could try connecting to a friends home router and see what happens!
  5. ricthar

ricthar New Member

Tried that, tried McDonalds, tried International Mall where there are a dozen open networks. Doesn't make any difference. Maybe now I can get Apple to do something about it.
    Thans
  6. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So you tried connecting to a private router and it still doesn't work?

OK I am going to try it using a couple other routers in the area and I will post results here.