Anyone how feels that his iPad is allready outdated?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Casiuss, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So I recently got my iPad. I think its a beautiful device but with a look at the iPhone4 It feels outdated... I mean in two weeks theres is a device with the doubled amount of RAM, a better Display and so on. I know its an iPhone but I think this things will be in ne next iPad too. I'm really thinking about returning my iPad because of these thoughts...

Please Register or Log in to view images

May you other iPad users can help me =)
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i get what you mean, yeh a phone better than something 'better' than it...
  3. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    not exactly... I dont want a 500bucks device that is bigger than his phone companion but half of the power from its little brother ^^ it just feels kinda wrong you know?
  4. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was disucssing this with my boss yesterday, it feels outdated because it is outdated...
  5. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the ipad is outdated, the need to add some new features like micrsoft powerpoint and all that junk.
  6. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So I ask again: would anyone of you ipad users return it because of these thoughts?
  7. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I do feel it's outdated thou I don't feel that I would take it back because of this .. When the 2nd gen comes out I will sell my iPad to fund for it ! ..the iPhone 4 is so ugly anyway compared to the iPad !
  8. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    These are two different devices, they both have their perks and downfalls, every app runs perfectly on the iPad, no lag. I could almost promise you no mobile device (so far) will use 512mb of RAM, even if it does have that much RAM, it won't be used.

What would be more annoying would be if it had a faster processor, which it does not.

I love my iPad and wouldn't return it because the iPhone has more RAM, the iPad isn't outdated because they're two different devices.
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Even though the iPhone has 512mb RAM, I don't think it'll fully utilize all of it. Like on a computer, you can have up to 32gb(?) nowadays, but no one really uses all of that. They just stick to 2-4gb because the rest would be a waste, in a way. It's nice to have the extra RAM, but it's not needed.
  10. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok this helped me a lot! I guess i'll keep it until the 3rd gen of the ipad is released. but I still dont like the marketing step that apple took, i think they could have given us more RAM at least.