anyone having 2.0 problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Ejizzle4550, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Ejizzle4550

Ejizzle4550 New Member

Im getting ready to update to this new firmware. but right now im SSHing all of my music from my root itunes control file just incase the backup freezes up like iv heard of already.
    but i was just wondering if anyone has had any update problems at all..so far i havnt seen or heard of any.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have no problems to report, and I'm in my 15th minute or so of use.
  3. Ejizzle4550

Ejizzle4550 New Member

ok, because i had to delete all of the music i have on my ipod off of my computer to reformat it, and i dont want something to go wrong and lose 1032 songs lol...
  4. The Untouchable iPod

The Untouchable iPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah im havinng a major problem. i downloaded it then installed it then put apps from itunes on it and when i got on my ipod to try to use them i could not unlock it i would slide the slider and the little spinning thing would come up then it wouldnt unlock and when i finaly did get it to unlock i clicked on an app and it crashed and went to the lock screen also i got some sort of error in itunes when i synced the apps
    help me i dont know what to do
    and i dont know how to fix this
  5. Atomik

Atomik New Member

I had major problems updating as well. After 2.0 update I was stuck in recovery mode and itunes would try to restore but would still be stuck. I tried everything I could find but, this is how I think I fixed it.
    Rebooted the computer
    opened itunes
    power down ipod holding sleep and home buttons
    when the apple appeared released sleep button
    when the usb cable to itunes picture appears released home
    connected ipod to usb cable
    then itunes said it was restoring or something (sorry I cant remember what it said)
    as that progress bar was on itunes the unlock slider showed up on the ipod for a few seconds
    then went back into recovery screen
    one more power cycle on the ipod booted up normally.
  6. Ejizzle4550

Ejizzle4550 New Member

are you guys using the apple version or are you using the free version?
  7. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My Ipod touch is slower sometimes. I reboots by itself. Was the 2.0 firmware made by microsoft???? Apple is not that much better than Microsoft.
  8. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

Having problems.

Did the restore to 2.0 via itunes, everything seemingly was fine, except that it could not properly load all my music back onto the ipod touch from the backup that was created before restore. So the device worked fine, then I just tried to sync and load all the music videos from the itunes library back onto the touch....doesnt work, get an error message everytime.

So now I'm restoring. Now the question is....will doing a system restore now go back to 1.1.1, and if so....how do I get back up to 2.0 (without being charged again)

???
  9. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

I am having problems with Wi -fi in 2.0.
  10. Ejizzle4550

Ejizzle4550 New Member

once you pay for it..the "DRM" will remember that you payed for it.. I think that's what is called. Restoring won't take u back to 1.1.1 either, but if u restore if I'm correct it will remove ur music. Jus hope the backup works.