Anyone have the apple universal dock?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by saysay, Apr 19, 2008.

1. saysay

saysay New Member

The new '07 one with the 'slit' at the front,...does the remote control work with the ipod touch? The touch doesn't use the same menu system as a nano or classic so would that make it incompatible? cuz I don't think it would show up on the screen...or is it supposed to just shuffle through?
  2. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It works but the "menu" function on the remote doesnt work with ANY ipod, that is for macs.
  3. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea, my brother got the universal dock, the menu doesnt work, the menu is for the laptop im on (macbook pro)

Please Register or Log in to view images

the controls do work for the ipod touch, even the volume, next track and pause

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. TheAsianJedi

TheAsianJedi Banned

it said on the site that it is fully compatible
  5. themartini

themartini New Member

ye it works but not the menu buton
    the only problem for me is that i have it by my imac so every time i the the remote to control the itouch it plays on my mac at the same time or opens front row which is anoying.
  6. saysay

saysay New Member

Thanks for all the replies.
    themartini, I got the same setup as you. I guess that'll be a problem cept I don't ever use the remote, I use the keyboard instead(got the new '07 imac/keyboard) with all the controls on it. And I don't use front row either so I'll just turn remote off...I got a program called mira that can control what each button does for each app or for the system or I can just turn it off. You should try that (free trial works perfectly for me, no time/usage limit..only thing is there's a little notification every time you restart your mac).

so I'm guessing you can only control music playback...no scrolling through lists? thanks
  7. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you read instructions for the remote, you can make it so that it only transmits to one device, so the problem is overcome.