Anyone have the Apple Component Video Cables yet?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kevio, Oct 11, 2007.

1. kevio

kevio New Member

Just wondering if anyone has actually found them at an Apple store yet. My store still says it will be a few weeks. I'm also wondering if you can use these in a car with an external LCD monitor. If the monitor only has composite inputs does one of the three cables double as a composite? If not then we would be SOL without a monitor that has component inputs. My last question would be, how is the quality on a large Plasma or LCD TV.
  2. kevio

kevio New Member

Well I guess I can answer my own questions. My wife came home with the cable tonight. Seems to work great hooked up to my 42" Plasma. Stuff from You Tube of course looks kinda compressed. But the DVD's I ripped with Videora look nearly the same as playing the DVD with my player (via it's component output). Likewise for the free shows I downloaded off iTunes. I'm still not sure about using one channel as composite. I doubt that will work. I will probably have to get an adapter. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I'll post more if I notice anything else.
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I was thinking about getting one, thanks for posting this. I am probably going to go out later tonight and get one.
  4. kevio

kevio New Member

One thing I think I will start doing when I rip my DVD's is compressing them less. I have noticed a few areas where you can see just a little compression when standing close to the TV. I had ripped them at 768kbps. But I think the iPod goes up to 1500kbps. So I might try something in between.
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Ok thanks for the tip, I am going to start doing that now.
  6. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Try using the green channel cable as composite video. That might give you black and white video (better than nothing)
  7. THCue

THCue New Member

what is the brandname of the cable also what one thanks!
  8. kevio

kevio New Member

9. fury

fury New Member

If you would hook up the iPod touch to something with the cable, do you still have touch controls for navigating the library etc. ?
  10. kevio

kevio New Member

Yes. Otherwise you would have no way to control what is playing. What I don't like is that it will only output videos and slideshows. Not the actual display.

Please Register or Log in to view images