Anyone have MobileAddressbook?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by bmbme, Mar 11, 2008.

1. bmbme

bmbme New Member

I have been messing with this for days to no avail. Originally, my icon dissappeared. Someone real cool helped and sent me a file to ssh my phone which did bring the icon back, but the program is not working. It just goes to a white screen and there is no "+" to add any contacts. After about 10-15 seconds of staring at the white screen, it just goes back to the home screen. Is there a way I can reinstall the whole program and does someone know how to fix this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry
    bmbme@aol.com
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Hi Barry. Try and go into Settings and reset settings. If that doesn't work I may have a solution. Do you still have to mobileaddressbook.app saved on your computer?
  3. bmbme

bmbme New Member

Yep, I still have it. I just tried doing the reset and it still didnt work. What do you think my next move should be?

Thanks
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do you have the app in the Applications or in private/var/Applications?
  5. bmbme

bmbme New Member

I put it in both last night when i was trying to get it to work (after it wasnt already working), still no luck
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Delete them both and I will send you a new copy. Install it only in the Applications folder. Do a red slider power off before and after you install it.
  7. bmbme

bmbme New Member

which applications folder, the root one, for the private/var/root?
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Naviagte up all the way to the very first directory and put it in that Applications folder. You will see: Applications, bin, cores, dev, etc, Library,private,sbin, System, etc
  9. bmbme

bmbme New Member

I did it, just like that. The app is back, but it is doing the same thing, i start the application, white screen with no + to add the contacts and after 10-15 seconds goes back to the home screen
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Sorry man, it's above my pay grade now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm sure someone has a solution. I will check around for you and let you know.

Have you tried syncing? Do you sync contacts on ipod through iTunes? One time I had to go down in the info tab on itunes for the ipod and scroll down to advanced and click replace with contacts from computer.