iOS 4.0 Anyone have battery problems on iOS 4?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Dr. Sonic, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Dr. Sonic

Dr. Sonic Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    So the new iOS 4 is out but I heard that many users of the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch are complaining that their battery is leaving them a charge about 10% left even though they charge it to the max, so I been wondering do you iOS 4 users have this same problem?
  2. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It varies on how many applications I leave open, what applications im using and whether im connected to wi-fi.

Read studangerous's post on making your battery last longer, search for it.
  3. Dr. Sonic

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I'll read it when I have the chance I'm sure I'll get my iPod Touch's battery to last longer on the new iOS 4
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This used to happened before I did a fresh restore, wipe EVERYTHING, now the battery is very nice. I keep shsh of 4.0 so this will never be a problem.
  5. Dr. Sonic

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Wow so should I upgrade or not? I have some apps that wasn't tested for iOS 4.0 yet like a Fake Caller from Hot potato which is still tested for iOS 3.1.3
  6. Swiss3g

Swiss3g Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Leaving WiFi on is the biggest power killer. Apps in the background don't use much juice.
  7. Jokim

Jokim New Member

Yeah. I left my iPod on the table after it was fully charged and I see an hour later it dropped 40%!
  8. Dr. Sonic

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That's the problem people were complaining about the iOS 4 and they think the update caused the problem! I wish I could say to these people who has iOS 4 "It's not the firmware that is draining your battery, it is the wifi that's draining it!"

I don't do much wifi on the ipod touch but only for some web stuff like Google Tasks
  9. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Same here, it's the WiFi that's draining my battery (admittedly, I do not turn it off when I go to bed). That's an already inconvenient issue for a 3gen iPod touch with its rather infamous poor battery life!

This is in addition to heavy-duty usage (daily) of the iPoT for work, including to-do lists, expense tracker, appointment scheduling, and on-the-go Web access!
  10. Dr. Sonic

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    And most other people said they'll sue Apple for this,

Please Register or Log in to view images

what for the battery draining too fast? I mean that is the most stupidest idea ever to do over a battery draining too fast over the wifi being on XD

So this means the iOS 4 isn't the main problem of the battery draining too fast so that means I'm in the go to upgrade to iOS 4 for my iPod Touch when I get the chance!