Anyone hating the battery life?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bloodyfart, Nov 11, 2007.

1. bloodyfart

bloodyfart Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So i was just surfing on the internet, for like 20 minutes, and watched a 30 minute anime show ^^, when i realized i only had 1/2 - 3/4 of my battery life, im like wtf ._. I just charged it! Is there something wrong with mine? Or is the battery life just absolutley horrendous?
  2. TakeAimAtSin

TakeAimAtSin Member

wifi isnt supposed that long, it will last a long time if you just listen to music, with wifi turned OFF.
  3. TJd

TJd New Member

I like the battery life. I play NES games for hours and listen to music alot, and it still has like 40% left. when i use wifi it last for 3 hours so i have no problem.
  4. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Same

Same for me my battery life lasts pretty long!
  5. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Mm, 22 Hrs with music, 5 with videos. Not bad at all.I see Wifi reducing it to an hour or less.
  6. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

it is pretty fast.. i left mine on for an hour just on the spring board and it was under 20%
  7. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    One thing that will impact how much battery you get when using WiFi is the quality of your signal and the distance from your access point. If you have a clean signal and are close to your wireless router you'll need less signal strength and therefore power to drive the signal. When the signal is weak the access point will drop the speed in order to get more power and therefore more distance with the connection. In other words it takes a lot more power to drive a high speed connection over long distance.
  8. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Keep your screen brightness at 50% it helps a crap load. And trust me it's not so dark you will get used to it and then 100% will look too bright.
  9. Lee

Lee New Member

Yeah dude i do the same.

Brightness to 50% which is ample and keep wifi off when not needed.

I commute every day with a couple of hours each way, use wifi when i cannot get on my desktop or laptop, and i normally have to recharge at the end of every other week.