Anyone has Quickgold 1.1.1 - New Quickgold 1.2 update on Cydia has Ads

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by raulb, Oct 3, 2008.

1. raulb

raulb New Member

There is an update for Quickgold from 1.1 to 1.2 on Cydia which is causing some instability. There is also ads on the screen now.

I understand devs need to support themselves and I don't mind ads on Cydia/Dtunes etc all but on Quickgold which is launching apps and just takes a second to use an ad is too much of a distraction.

I think it takes things too far. What is wrong with having small utilities that are free. Launchy, Quicksilver for mac are all free and its not fun to have a launcher show ads. I would pay it for it without ads though. So anyone has Quickgold 1.1.1 please upload it somewhere and post the link.
  2. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

i got 1.2, and it ain't got no messages
  3. raulb

raulb New Member

84 views and not a single person has bothered posting the app. Its a small app, so anyone who had version 1.1.1 please take the time to upload it.

This will be helpful for those who upgraded unknowingly, apart from the ads the new version is also causing some springboard instability on start/restart.
  4. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    wow man support the devs!! As a developer myself TONS of work goes into these applications, like you have NO clue how much work it is. It takes lots of time and patience, so putting some ads in some apps are perfectly acceptable because the app is still free at least, clicking an add doesnt cost you money, but it gives the devs some money. so dont be ugrateful about how you get lots of great apps for free.
  5. raulb

raulb New Member

@ipodtouchmaster05 - What this got to with supporting the devs? I do support the devs, I am not asking for a pirated copy, I am asking for an older version incase someone might have it. I upgraded ny mistake, If I had known I won't have like others here who now know and can make an informed decisison.

There is a huge difference between having ads in an app like Cycorder which I am ok with and having an ad in an app like QuickGold which is used for a barely a second at a time and every time you launch an app, and to have to see an ad every time one does this is honestly intrusive.

The functionality is different. The problems QuickGold solves is not having to flick through the screens to launch apps, however now if you have to see ads every time you launch an app creates a new problem and one might as well just flick through the screens. I am willing to pay for it but not have to go through the ads.

Its also not as stable as the previous version and is causing Springboard freezes for about 5 sec on start and restart. It honestly takes less time to upload it - Its not illegal - instead of accusing folks of not supporting the dev which is not why I put up this request.
  6. cainy

cainy New Member

I don't mind the ads in cydia or on web pages and I totally support the developers and all the work they do with quckgold it's the placement of the ad that's distracting as it's above the keyboard, if it was at the top of the screen then it might look a bit better, other than that I have no problem with the ads
  7. EMForce

EMForce New Member

quickgold got like 18 updates today theres now less adds, so it better