Anyone has a solution for manual boot?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tafich, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Tafich

Tafich Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As far as I know, there isn't a way to automatically boot your iPod after a JailBreak, even when you finish the JailBreak you need to send the boot files via your computer, does anyone has news of a solution or at least what to do temporarly? Maybe there's something in Cydia for this?
    -Thanks.
  2. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes -> there is a program in the subforum for redsn0w jailbreak and its a 4 second boot all you do is put your ipod in dfu mode and then you click boot and thats it - voila it starts to boot
  3. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think theres a reason its called a " tethered " jailbreak...
  4. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  5. Tafich

Tafich Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It seems that I didn't make myself clear.
    What I want to do is to get rid of the computer, and install or modify something in the iPod so that it boots automatically. This is not for me, is or my friends, I JB the iPods of my friends and I have Jailbroken like 50, but they always come to me when the iPod crashes and turns off because i'm the only one that knows how to turn it on. That's what I want to avoid.
    The program that is on redsn0w's forums just sends the script for you, but that's not what I need.
    -Sent from my iPod.
  6. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nope tell them get the heck away and install hitboot and libusb
  7. Hauk

Hauk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is called a tethered jailbreak for a reason, there is no way to boot your ipod without a computer, when you jailbroke it, you modified the llb, the bootrom sigchecks the llb and it cannot boot past the llb due to that reason, since it is at such a low level, the ipod itself cannot do anything unless a computer is used to bypass the check, temporarily. The only option for booting without a computer at this point is a device that you would plug into your ipod and use that to boot, no-one has yet made one, and hopefuly a non-tethered jb will come out before someone has to.
  8. Tafich

Tafich Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The problem is that they barely know how to use Msn haha, thanks anyway, i'll figure something out.